Monographs & Articles
In addition to the following works, a web-based resource on mindful education and mindfulness, which focuses on research publications, measurement tools, intervention techniques, and university and medical centers, can be found at the Mindfulness Research Guide.
Recently Published Monographs
- Goleman, D. Social Intelligence: the New Science of Human relationships (2007).
- Given, B.K. Teaching to the Brain’s Natural Learning Systems (2002).
- Kabat-Zinn, J. Coming to Our Senses (2004).
- Lantieri, L. and Goleman, D. Building Emotional Intelligence, Techniques to Cultivate Inner Strength in Children (2008)
- Lyubomirsky, S. The how of happiness: A scientific approach to getting the life you want (2008).
- Siegel, D. Mindsight (2010).
- Siegel, D. The Mindful Brain (2007).
- Sousa, D. How the Brain Learns (2006).
Recently Published Articles
Baer, R., Smith, G., & Allen, K. (2004). Assessment of mindfulness by self-report: The Kentucky Inventory of Mindfulness Skills. Assessment, 11(3), 191-206.
Bevans, K., Cerbone, A, & Overstreet, S. (2008). Relations between recurrent trauma exposure and recent life stress and salivary cortisol among children. Development and Psychopathology, 20, 257–272. (PDF)
Bradshaw, C.P., Sudhinaraset, M., Mmari, K., & Blum, R.W. (2010). School Transitions Among Military Adolescents: A Qualitative Study of Stress and Coping. School Psychology Review 39(1), 84-105. (PDF)
Brown, K.W. & Ryan, R.M. (2003). The benefits of being present: Mindfulness and its role in psychological well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 822-848.
- Brown, K.W. & Ryan, R.M. (2003). The benefits of being present: Mindfulness and its role in psychological well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 822-848.
- Durlak, J.A., et. al. The impact of enhancing students’ social and emotional learning: A meta-analysis of school-based universal interventions. Child Development, January/February 2011, 82:1, 405-432. (PDF)
- Holzel, B.K., Carmody, J., Vangel, M., Cogleton, C., Yerramsetti, S.M., Gard, T., Lazar, S.W. (2011). Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter density. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging 191, 36.43. (PDF)